Terms And Conditions
Buyer Terms & Conditions
1) Our Buyers premium for all lots is 16%+VAT (19.2% total). VAT is charged on the Margin scheme and will show as a combined total.
2) Bidding via www.thecoinery.co.uk incurs no additional fees. Easy Live Auction charge 3%+VAT in addition to our Buyers Premium for bids placed on their platform. A “£3” option for Easy Live Auction is also available which charges you a fixed fee regardless of how many lots you win.
3) The Coinery acts as an agent for the seller and occasionally as principal where the lot belongs to us. The contract for the sale of any lot is between you and the seller.
4) You are strongly recommended to view the items in person before the sale. If you are unable to do so, condition reports are available and, on request, we may be able to video the lots. We provide no guarantee to you other than in relation to Forgeries as described in point 19. Statements by us in the lot descriptions or condition reports are statements of opinion and are not to be relied on as statements of fact. Many items are of an age which means they are not in perfect condition. Specific reference to any damage or condition does not imply that an item is free from other material defects. You are responsible for satisfying yourself of the condition of the lot in relation to the description. Estimates are a guide as to what we reasonably expect a lot to hammer at and is not a guarantee that the price will be sold within the range stated.
5) The Coinery reserve the right to refuse admission to any premises whether our own or under our control to any person for any reason.
6) All bidders must register either by completing a registration form in person or by email, or by creating an account online. Our auctions are simulcast on www.thecoinery.co.uk and on www.easyliveauction.com. Separate accounts are required for each platform. All bids placed by whichever means are undertaken by You as principal unless agreed in writing before the sale and You accept personal liability for all bids made. We reserve the right to request a deposit by bank transfer for new registrants. Where such deposit is paid any funds remaining after invoices are settled will be refunded by the end of the next working day.
7) Commission bids may be placed on any Lot prior to the sale online or in writing (email or post) no less than 24 hours before the advertised start of the sale. Emailed/postal bids placed after this time are not guaranteed to be placed. We will confirm acceptance of all written bids to the email address provided at the time of registration. Commission bids made online may be made up until the Lot is offered for sale. During the sale a commission bid will take precedence over all other bids in the event of a tie.
8) Online bidding via www.thecoinery.co.uk is offered as a convenience to our clients. Online bidding via other platforms including Easy Live Auction will incur additional fees. These fees will be shown separately on your invoice and must be paid prior to the release of lots. Bidding via these platforms denotes acceptance of the fees they charge. Whilst every endeavour is taken to ensure the live platform is available on the day, we accept no liability for any bid failing to execute.
9) Telephone bidding is available on a first come-first served basis and must be arranged no less than 24 hours before the auction start time. Telephone lines can be reserved through the online catalogue, by phone, or in writing.
10) We aim to provide multiple high-quality images of all items to allow buyers to make an informed decision. Images are provided unaltered except for cropping and occasionally to address brightness imbalance. Colours are un-edited however depending on the device used to display the images these may vary slightly and so should be used as a guide only. No returns will be accepted based on image quality.
11) The auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid, to alter the bidding increments, or to combine or split any lot at any time and to offer any amended lots at our discretion.
12) The striking of the auctioneer’s hammer marks the acceptance of the highest bid (subject to that bid being equal to or higher than the reserve where any such reserve is applicable) and therefore the conclusion of a contract for the sale between You and the Seller.
13) Within 24 hours of the end of the sale You will be presented with an invoice for payment of successful bids. Such invoices must be paid within 7 (seven) days of the date the invoice was produced. Payment methods will be shown on the invoice.
14) Following delivery or collection of your Lots you have three calendar days to advise us of any problems. We may request the return of any lots for inspection. We are not responsible for any return postage costs save as set out in point 19. Returns will be accepted entirely at our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt any lot returned in a condition not as sent will be refused. No items may be returned on account of condition where this is described as stated by third party grading companies including but not limited to PCGS, NGC, ANACS, ICG, PMG & LCGS (CGS). “Bulk” lots comprised of 2 or more items and books are offered “sold as seen” and may not be returned for any reason save for Forgeries as in point 19.
15) Where applicable VAT-registered traders may apply to HMRC to recover the VAT element of the Buyer's Premium. Such examples include "Investment Gold".
16) Payments from UK bidders can be made by direct bank transfer, debit card, credit card or cash (up to a sterling equivalent of €9,500). International bidders may make payments by direct bank transfer, credit or debit card or PayPal. All fees incurred for international buyers are the responsibility of said buyer and goods will not be released until such times as any fees incurred are paid in full. These fees are not set by The Coinery.
17) We offer an in-house packing service via Royal Mail, DHL & UPS. International buyers are advised that we are not responsible for any import duties/taxes or other charges that may be required to be paid, nor do we offer any assurances that any item may be legally imported to any country.
18) All changes to personal information including, but not limited to, email address, contact numbers, and postal addresses must be send in writing to the office or by email to email@example.com. Changes through the system do not happen automatically. Failure to supply this information in this format may result in items being sent to old addresses. The Coinery will not be responsible for any losses as a result of this clause not being adhered to.
19) The definition of Forgery (or Forgeries) in these terms and conditions relates to any item made or struck to intentionally deceive and which has not been identified as such in the catalogue description. In instances where a forgery is deemed to exist outside of said description the buyer will be entitled to a refund in full of any lot on return. Bulk lots which include a forgery must be returned in full.
Our bidding increments are:
Up to £20 in £2's
£20 - £100 in £5's
£100 - £500 in £10's
£500 - £1000 in £20's
£1000 - £5000 in £50's
£5000 - £10000 in £100's
£10000 - £15000 in £200’s
£15000 - £30000 in £500’s
£30000 at auctioneer’s discretion